This full-day excursion from Paris takes you to the two magnificent châteaux of Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau, both located around one hour from Paris. Set off from our central Paris agency at 9:15 am. Your first stop will be Vaux the Vicomte, the château that inspired King Louis XIV to build Versailles. A masterpiece of mid-17th Century classical architecture, the château, and its grounds were created by three talented artists working for Nicolas Fouquet, a rich, high-ranking French official and Louis XIV's superintendent of finances. These three artists were the painter and decorator Charles Le Brun, the architect Louis Le Vau, and the landscape gardener André Le Nôtre. Your audio guide will show you Nicolas Fouquet's private apartments, the staterooms, and the château's great kitchens and vaulted cellars. Then enjoy some free time strolling through the stunning French-style formal gardens on the 86-acre grounds, home to sculpted bushes, lakes, and beautiful multi-colored flower beds. Why not take the opportunity to eat lunch on the lawns or in the Vaux le Vicomte restaurant? We will leave Vaux le Vicomte at 1:30 pm for the second part of our tour in the heart of the forest of Fontainebleau. The journey time between the two châteaux is approximately 45 minutes. Fontainebleau is the only royal and imperial château to have been continuously inhabited for seven centuries. Dating back as far as the 12th Century, it was one of the residences of the rulers of France from the reigns of Francis I to Napoleon III. Medieval, Renaissance, and classical in style, several kings have left their mark on the château's history and construction. During your audio guide visit, explore the richly furnished château, its unique collections, and key pieces such as the throne of Napoleon I and the famous horseshoe-shaped staircase. You will also visit the château's spacious private apartments, which enjoyed all the comforts of the age. After the tour, explore the huge grounds surrounding the château, as well as its three picturesque gardens.
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Audio guide tour of the château at Vaux le Vicomte and a visit to the formal gardens
- Audio guide tour of the château at Fontainebleau
- Admission to both châteaux
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
Location and Timings
Paris CityVision Agency, 2 rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris Meeting Point: Customers need to check in at the tour operator agency (to redeem the voucher) at least 30 minutes before the tour departure time. Address: 2 rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: Departure: 9.15 AM
- Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.
- You will initially receive a confirmation email of your booking.
- The ticket/voucher will be sent 24 hours prior to your participation date.
- In the event that you do not receive any emails from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Plans change and it’s OK. Cancel upto 24 hrs in advance and receive a full refund.
Have a question? Need help with planning?
With 24/7 support – we are here to answer any questions and for you.
Better Value Always
Benefit from last minute availability and some exclusive offers.