This full-day excursion from Paris takes you to the city of Reims and its region, known all over the world for the production of a unique and prestigious Champagne. As part of this tour, your guide will show you the majestic 13th-Century Reims Cathedral, where the coronations of the Kings of France once took place. You will also visit Mumm and Mercier, two famous Champagne houses, where you can taste Champagne and admire the picturesque landscape of the region's vineyards. You'll leave Paris at 8.00 am and arrive at 10.30 am in the Champagne region. Your tour starts with a guided visit to the cellars of the famous Mumm Champagne house, where you will learn about their expertise and the secrets behind the creation of their many Champagnes. At the end of your tour, taste the famous "Red Ribbon" Champagne, one of the most popular Champagnes in the world. Your excursion continues with a guided tour of Reims's imposing Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site. A Gothic masterpiece and site of the coronations of the Kings of France, it is also well-known for its many statues and extraordinary 13th-Century stained glass windows. Spend your free time exploring Reims city center and enjoy lunch in one of the many restaurants in beautiful Erlon Square, for example. Sample the many specialties of the region, such as "white pudding," a type of sausage from Rethel, Chaource, and Langres cheeses, and the famous Reims pink biscuits. The afternoon brings the chance to discover the surrounding countryside and its pretty villages, forests, and prestigious Champagne vineyards that stretch as far as the eye can see. On arrival in Epernay, visit with an audioguide your second Champagne house of the day, Mercier, founded in 1858. You will travel by automated train to a depth of 100 feet to visit the huge cellars, before finishing your tour with a Champagne tasting.
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Services of an expert guide from our team
- Guided tour of Reims and its cathedral
- Visit to the Mumm and Mercier Champagne houses followed by a tasting
- Guided visits to the cellars in english only
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- Lunch Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- You’ll leave Epernay at 4.00 PM and return to Paris around 6.30pm
- Possibility of purchasing champagne and wine accessories after the visit
- 2.30 hours drive between Paris and Reims
- Note that the cellars are cold even in summer
Location and Timings
Paris CityVision Agency, 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: Departure at 8.00 am
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins.
- You will initially receive a confirmation email of your booking.
- The ticket/voucher will be sent 24 hours prior to your participation date.
- In the event that you do not receive any emails from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Plans change and it’s OK. Cancel upto 24 hrs in advance and receive a full refund.
Have a question? Need help with planning?
With 24/7 support – we are here to answer any questions and for you.
Better Value Always
Benefit from last minute availability and some exclusive offers.