Leave the hustle and bustle of big-city Milan and head into the nearby countryside. The gorgeous Alps, stunning lakes, fabulous villas and the Swiss border all await you just an hour outside the city. See the very best of Lugano, Lake Como and Bellagio while in the company of a local English-speaking guide who will provide illuminating commentary throughout your experience. Limited group sizes of 25 people or fewer ensure you will have a memorable time. The first destination on your great escape is Como, where we will board a boat for a 2-hour cruise along the lake. This is a unique opportunity to admire the breathtaking landscapes and see villas of the rich and famous all around the lake. Lake Como is a famous holiday destination for stars and celebrities, and during the cruise, your guide will point out former George Clooney’s villa, plus villas that once hosted Star Wars and James Bond movie sets. During this relaxing cruise, you will have time to enjoy a drink or a snack at the bar and restaurant on the boat. Next, we reach the famous city of Bellagio, the 'pearl of Lake Como'. Once in Bellagio you will have free time to enjoy the town and do some shopping. Then, you will get on the coach to continue your journey to Lugano. In less than an hour, we will pass the Italian border and arrive in Switzerland. We will take a scenic drive to the foot of the Alps and the 'Monte Carlo of Switzerland'. The spectacular Lugano is located on the beautiful lake of the same name. This Italian-speaking town is one of Switzerland’s top tourist destinations and favorite playgrounds for celebrities, athletes, and entertainers. If you crave artistic culture, take a relaxing walk through town to Santa Maria degli Angioli Church. It is here where Bernardino Luini, whose works were often mistaken for Leonardo Da Vinci’s, painted his Passion and Crucifixion, largely considered to be Switzerland’s most important Renaissance painting.
Would you rather explore the elegant city center? No problem! Make your way over to the beautiful downtown shopping area, brimming with inviting shops, rich Swiss chocolate, and fine luxury goods. The choice is yours.
After that, the bus will take you back to Milan’s city center in time for dinner. Experience the highlights of Northern Italy and Switzerland on this flexible and relaxing Lake Como and Bellagio Day Trip from Milan, including Lugano.
- Tour as per description
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Tickets for Como Lake 2-hour cruise
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- All transfers in an air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Most guests will not need a visa to enter.
- However, a passport is mandatory to enter Switzerland.
- Please make sure you check your visa requirements
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code.
- Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight.
- We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- Photography is generally permitted throughout the tour, although it is restricted in some churches
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to go ahead
Location and Timings
Piazza Sigmund Freud, 20124 Milano MI
- Please confirm the updated timings with your tour operator.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
- You will initially receive a confirmation email of your booking.
- The ticket/voucher will be sent 24 hours prior to your participation date.
- In the event that you do not receive any emails from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Plans change and it’s OK. Cancel upto 24 hrs in advance and receive a full refund.
Have a question? Need help with planning?
With 24/7 support – we are here to answer any questions and for you.
Better Value Always
Benefit from last minute availability and some exclusive offers.