Enjoy a panoramic trip to the Monastery of Montserrat on a cogwheel train and marvel at the spectacular landscapes in Montserrat National Park. Start your half-day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus that will take you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). You will go up to Montserrat on a cogwheel train which will leave you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which makes the actual journey an interesting attraction. The trains are air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair friendly. The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain which shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin. The Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs of pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded."
- Air-conditioned coach
- Bilingual local guide (English and Spanish)
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to Audiovisual 'Espai Audiovisual Montserrat'
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Location and Timings
Carrer d'Alí Bei, 80, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
- This tour is available daily at 3.00pm
- Check-in time: 2.45pm
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
- You will initially receive a confirmation email of your booking.
- The ticket/voucher will be sent 24 hours prior to your participation date.
- In the event that you do not receive any emails from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Plans change and it’s OK. Cancel upto 24 hrs in advance and receive a full refund.
Have a question? Need help with planning?
With 24/7 support – we are here to answer any questions and for you.
Better Value Always
Benefit from last minute availability and some exclusive offers.