The charming town of Cardona is located just 100km from Barcelona, in the heart of Catalonia. One can feel the weight of history here just by walking through the streets, admiring the ancient buildings and exploring the unique natural environment that has shaped local culture for centuries. A professional guide will pick you up at your hotel in a private transport, with which you will travel comfortably to Cardona. Here you will explore one of the most important salt deposits in the world at Salt Mountain Cultural Park. The natural landscape surrounding Cardona is one of the most special of Catalonia. South of the town you will find the Salt Valley of Cardona, which has been put to human use since Neolithic times. The natural characteristics of the place make it unique in the world and so the site is well preserved. Enjoy a moment to take in the beautiful vistas and breathe in the fresh country air. The salt mine opened in 1929 and stayed in function until 1990, becoming one of the most important globally. Today the area has been transformed into the Salt Mountain Cultural Park, allowing visitors to learn about its history. In the outdoor museum area, the old mineshaft 'Maria Teresa' still tells the story of the industrial exploitation of the valley. Your group will have the opportunity to descend 86m deep into the Salt Mountain. Here you will witness mysterious and beautiful natural formations, such as stalactites, stalagmites and the colorful folds and seams. You will visit Cardona center, flanked by Romanesque and Gothic buildings still inhabited by the town’s historically brave population. This place has survived some of the most important battles in Catalan history and strolling around its castle-fortress is like traveling ten centuries back in time. The castle of Cardona is one of the best-preserved medieval sites in Spain. In 1714, during the War of Spanish Succession, it served as an impregnable fortress. Even the mighty Napoleon could not capture its sturdy citadel!
- Private vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Professional guide
- Walking tour of the medieval town of Cardona
- Tickets to Cardona Castle &Salt Mountain Cultural Park
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any private expenses
- Group size: minimum 2 people, maximum 8 people
Location and Timings
Pick-up from your accommodation
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9.00am
- Blackout dates: 24, 25 and 26 December, 1 January
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
- You will initially receive a confirmation email of your booking.
- The ticket/voucher will be sent 24 hours prior to your participation date.
- In the event that you do not receive any emails from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Plans change and it’s OK. Cancel upto 24 hrs in advance and receive a full refund.
Have a question? Need help with planning?
With 24/7 support – we are here to answer any questions and for you.
Better Value Always
Benefit from last minute availability and some exclusive offers.