See British tradition come to life on this fully-guided Changing of the Guard walking tour that ensures you get the very best views of this spectacular ceremony. Don’t make the same mistake that so many visitors often, and understandably, make, believing the prime vantage point from where to experience this time-honoured tradition is outside Buckingham Palace. These spectators’ enthusiasm quickly turns to disappointment when they realize that they have waited for hours only to see the very end of this unique performance, their view often blocked by the throngs of people crowding around them. Instead, follow your guide on a dynamic journey that takes in the entire Changing of the Guard from beginning to end as they expertly navigate the crowds to take you to the best, and most photographable, viewpoints. Your guide is an expert on the history of this fascinating ceremony and their knowledge will give you invaluable insight into every detail of this British spectacle. With your own personal headset allowing you to easily follow your guide’s entertaining commentary, you can fully take in the splendor parading past you. Marvel at the precision with which the Queen’s Foot Guards march to Buckingham Palace, clad in their iconic red tunics and bearskin hats, or admire the gleaming coats of the Household Cavalry’s horses as they emerge at Horse Guard’s Parade. Please note that if you book your tour on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, you’ll experience the change of the Household Cavalry. With a small group of only 20 people or fewer you will be able to move quickly from vantage point to vantage point; your guide pointing out interesting details while you take as many photographs as you want!
- Expert guide
- Headsets when required, so that you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- The bus tour guides are available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Portuguese
- If you want to redeem your voucher
- KidZania if accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times. Adults (18+) may leave children aged seven to 14 unaccompanied at KidZania. However, an adult must be present at check-in and provide suitable contact details
Location and Timings
Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y
- Weekdays starts at 9.40am.
- Sundays starts at 9.15am to include some of the Change of the Lifegard ceremony as well.
- We finish tour near Buckingham Palace at around 11.15am
- Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.
- You will initially receive a confirmation email of your booking.
- The ticket/voucher will be sent 24 hours prior to your participation date.
- In the event that you do not receive any emails from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Plans change and it’s OK. Cancel upto 24 hrs in advance and receive a full refund.
Have a question? Need help with planning?
With 24/7 support – we are here to answer any questions and for you.
Better Value Always
Benefit from last minute availability and some exclusive offers.