Qasr Al Hosn
Good for Groups
Qasr Al Hosn Admission Tickets
- Qasr Al Hosn (forte)
- House of Artisans (live museum for all the handy crafts)
- Cultural foundation (Any Special Events/ Workshops/ Ceremonies /Shows happening at cultural foundation are treated on an ad hoc basis)
- Free wifi is offered throughout Al Hosn
- Access to Bait Al Gahwa
1. Explore the heritage of craft at the House of Artisans, showcasing creative bonds with natural resources, reflecting Emirati identity across generations, and unveiling functional artistry spanning desert to sea landscapes.
2. Discover Al-Sadu: UAE's traditional weaving by Bedouin women, reflecting identity and environment through camel, sheep, and goat wool designs, adorning tents, and camels with vibrant cultural patterns.
3. UAE's date palm craft "Khoos" - intertwining fronds into functional objects. Men and women weave artistry into utility, using nature's branches and leaves.
4. Embrace the beauty of Talli, an intricate Emirati embroidery tradition adorning collars, sleeves, and hems of kandooras and thawbs with vibrant colors, intricate designs, and gold-silver threads, a testament to accomplished professional seamstresses' patience and skill.
5. Discover the maritime heritage of the UAE, where centuries of ingenious seacraft traditions enriched trade relationships and fueled the local economy through pearl diving and fishing.
Explore the Emirates' rich cultural legacy through a visit to the iconic Qasr Al Hosn, Abu Dhabi's oldest stone building with over 230 years of history. Dive deep into the political and historical development of Abu Dhabi as you delve into the evolving narrative of the palace, from its origins as a watchtower to its present-day significance. Traverse the enchanting exhibitions that unveil the Inner Fort and Outer Palace, allowing you to discover the ancestral home of the Al Nahyan ruling family and the very heart of Abu Dhabi's symbolism. Enjoy complimentary access to the House of Artisans and Cultural Foundation.
Nestled in the heart of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Qasr al Hosn stands as a historic landmark. This palace, constructed in the 18th century, has served as both the residence of the ruling family and the epicenter of political and cultural activities for centuries. As you approach Qasr al Hosn, its sheer scale and grandeur are immediately apparent. Adorned in white stone, the exterior boasts graceful archways, intricate carvings, and ornate detailing that beautifully echo the region's storied past.
Upon stepping inside, the palace seamlessly transports you to an era of luxury and splendor. Richly adorned with traditional Arabic motifs, priceless artworks, and antique furniture, the interior spaces exude opulence. The rooms, characterized by lofty ceilings and expansive windows, offer panoramic views of the surroundings. Unveil the history of Abu Dhabi and Qasr al Hosn's pivotal role in shaping the region as you navigate through its captivating corridors.
The palace houses several exhibitions that proudly showcase the cultural heritage of the Emirati people, spotlighting traditional clothing, handicrafts, and historical artifacts. An undoubted highlight is the opportunity to wander through the traditional Majlis, a space that once hosted esteemed guests and served as the nucleus of crucial decisions for the ruling family. Elegantly appointed with ornate furniture, rugs, and decorative pieces, the Majlis provides a captivating window into the region's rich cultural traditions.
- A valid photo ID matching the name listed in the booking should be provided to gain entry into Qasr Al Hosn.
- Qasr Al Hosn may restrict items that are brought onsite, including without limitation food, beverages, cameras, video and audio recording equipment, seating, selfie sticks, and items considered unlawful, hazardous, dangerous or potential weapons.
- Qasr Al Hosn will not be held responsible for or liable for any issues, damages, or physical injuries suffered by any visitor onsite or during any programmed event at Qasr Al Hosn.
- Tour guide is available with the following languages for ahead of time bookings only: English, French, Arabic, Hindi, Russian, German.
- UAE citizens & residents above the age of 60, people of determination, and children under the age of 18 are entitled to free admission.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.
- Children below and age 17 years entry will be free of cost.
- Children aged 18 years and above will be considered as adult and charged adult rate.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon booking.
- You will receive the ticket/voucher within 1 hour after placing the order.
- If you do not receive any emails from us, check your spam folder or notify us via email.
- Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum St (2nd St) - Al Hosn - W3 - Abu Dhabi
There are 4 bus stops available across the block of Al Hosn and two under parking spots for guests.
- Saturday to Thursday: 09:00 AM– 08:00 PM
Friday: 02:00 PM – 10:00 PM